For many women, makeup is an essential beauty product that enhances their appearance and self-esteem. However, makeup can contain some not so appealing ingredients that may be hazardous to your health, and this has become a major cause for concern amongst professionals in the health and wellness industry. With that said, there are safe makeup products that aren’t chemically-produced and help to combat those growing health concerns.
Jane Iredale Makeup is a good example and the therapeutic skin care line we carry at Laser and Skin Care Medspa. This line nourishes and protects the skin after laser skin resurfacing treatments, chemical peels and other skin treatments. Natural makeup like this is safe for the skin and the wearer, and although nourishing the skin is a great benefit of healthy makeup, the benefits don’t stop there. Below you will find four more ways that this natural makeup can benefit your skin.
Protection From Harsh Chemicals
Traditional makeup often contains harsh chemical ingredients that can cause allergic reactions and other irritations for people with sensitive skin, in particular. With the Jane Iredale line, these products are not only free of harsh chemicals, they also cover redness and protect against UVA/UVB or ultraviolet exposure from the sun.
Fights Premature Aging
Mineral-rich makeup products will help support youthful, healthy skin, as natural minerals provide protection against harmful sun rays. The skin on your face is thin and more susceptible to premature aging caused by UV rays, but natural makeup can prevent this because it contains organic mineral ingredients, such as:
- Zinc oxide, which protects against UVA and UVB sun rays
- Titanium oxide, which provides SPF 15 protection
- Iron oxide, which also protects against UVA and UVB rays
- Vitamin C, which contains antioxidants that nourish the skin and fight against sun-induced dryness
Gentle on the Skin
The natural makeup products from Jane Iredale are simply gentler on the skin. This brand also contains a blend of minerals and pigments that are micro-pulverized using processes that help the makeup form microscopic crystals. The crystals overlap on the skin and form a filter that allows the skin to function and breathe normally while protecting against pollutants. This makeup also has other gentle effects, such as:
- Little to no allergy risk
- Non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t block pores
- Anti-inflammatory, meaning it helps soothe irritated skin
- Protection for those with rosacea and acne or for those who have undergone laser resurfacing or chemical peels
- Contains no irritants or harsh chemicals, such as parabens and talc
- Provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
Recommend By Dermatologists World Wide
- A true oil free foundation that offers a variety of coverage from the most popular pressed powder to BB Cream to a higher moisture liquid for the very dry complexion.
- Does not allow bacteria to grow, making it the only kind of coverage for post-surgical or post laser treatments.
- Seven of Jane Iredale’s products have earned the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation.
Contains Nutrient-Rich Ingredients
The skin can absorb harmful compounds, but a protective barrier can guard against this absorption. Natural beauty products provide the perfect way to keep these harmful compounds out of your body.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of Jane Iredale cosmetics, please get in touch with us:(403) 347-8050.
Laser and Skin Care MedSpa won the 2017 Consumer Choice Award for Top Dermatology Clinic for Southern Alberta for a second year in a row.